2020 Scholarship Auditions
Three Scholarships will be given, selected from
auditions to be held March 14, 2020. Video audition submittals (AVI, FLV, WMV, MP4, or MOV format) will also be accepted until March 12, 2020 11:59 PM PST at this link or YOUR link may be emailed to the address below. Note that applications must still be submitted via email or uploaded (see menu bar).
During the video or in person performance, applicant should:
- Perform two (2) songs (approximately 5 minutes) and tell us about yourself – be creative, but make sure to include your name and the titles of your selections!
- NO a cappella is allowed for video submissions. You must sing to a track, accompany yourself, or have someone accompany you.
- The "about me" portion of the video should be no longer than 5 minutes, but you can still sing two songs even if it's collectively longer than 5 minutes.
- Selections should be consistent with vocal education practice and follow the guidelines:
- 2-octave major and natural minor scales (student may choose the key)
- 2-octave major and minor arpeggios (student may choose the key)
- The applicant must present two memorized pieces of contrasting styles and tempos
- Option one: One selection may be a musical theatre piece, in which case the second selection must be from the classical repertoire. The classical piece may be performed in English, Italian, French or German.
- Option two: Both selections may be from the classical repertoire, in which case one must be sung in English and the other must be in either Italian, French or German.
Winners will be required to perform at the annual convention of
the California Women’s Chorus, Inc. concert on Sunday, May 3,
2020 at 2 p.m. at DoubleTree by Hilton, Orange, CA 92868.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a vocalist who is a California resident, student attending colleges or universities within California, or singer studying with a vocal coach who resides in California, between the ages of 18-25.
- Submit a recommendation from a vocal faculty member.
- Be able to sing at the California Women’s Chorus Concert on Sunday, May 3, 2020 at 2:00 p.m.
- Complete the application form along with registration fee of
$35 made out to California Women’s Chorus, Inc.
- Mailing address: 8668 Turlock Dr.,
Riverside, CA 92506